We invite individuals, nonprofit organizations, government entities, businesses, and faith communities to join the Coalition.
Please fill out the membership information below,
or you can download a printable PDF of the form HERE
2024 MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
As a member of the Missouri Valley Coalition for Homeless People, Inc., we affirm and
support the mission, vision, and values of MVCHP:
The MVCHP advocates for safe, stable, and life-affirming housing for all.
With full regard for the value of each person, the MVCHP envisions a compassionate community where appropriate support services encompassing the full continuum of care are readily available and each person has the ability to live in safe, stable, and life-affirming housing, offering everyone their best opportunity to live a full, productive, healthy, and happy life.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Missouri Valley Coalition for Homeless People, Inc. is a group of individuals and organizations who together advocate, collaborate, coordinate, and optimize services within the Missouri Valley area to support all individuals at risk of or experiencing homelessness, providing a pathway for everyone to attain safe, stable, and life-affirming housing. The Missouri Valley Coalition for Homeless People, Inc. supports the goals of the North Dakota Coalition for Homeless People, Inc.
Everyone deserves a place to call home.
• Interdependence: We empower one another by recognizing mutual goals.
• Collaboration: We recognize that working together on solutions is more efficient and impactful than working in isolation.
• Respect: We assert that everyone has inherent dignity and self-worth and deserves respect regardless of the barriers they face.
• Transparency: We strive for open, honest communication in all our dealings, guided by the ideals of compassion and integrity.
We further support the shared work of MVCHP by:
• Actively participating in the Coalition through attendance in regular and/or workgroup meetings.
• Supporting implementation of evidence-based, housing-focused best practices in the community.
• Holding the value that everyone who is homeless should be provided with the opportunity to access housing and supportive services.
• Providing leadership in the prevention and eradication of homelessness in the Missouri Valley region including North Dakota Region 7.
• Submit local data collected by the member agency annually, completing a template to be distributed by Coalition.
• If participating in HMIS, agree to share aggregate information from that system.
• Review agency/resource contact information on MVCHP website and submit changes to email@example.com.
• Participate in the annual Point in Time (PIT) count of homeless individuals in the MVCHP service area of Region 7.
An authorized signatory (appropriate administrative authority such as an executive director or board chair) must review the agreement and authorize membership in the Coalition (below). Please submit your form and payment by March 31st, 2024
MVCHP Membership Form 2024
Organizational Membership Dues
Annual Dues are self-selected based on the organization’s budget or portion of budget appropriate to homeless related services.*
No organization is refused due to inability to pay. Anyone can request a waiver with the coalition treasurer. Email mvchpcoalition [at] gmail.com to request a waiver.
|Type of Membership
|Individual with lived experience in homelessness
|Budget – $1 Million or less
|Budget – over $1 Million
|Business or *Other
*Faith Community partners are encouraged to receive a special offering or host a fundraiser benefiting MVCHP in lieu of membership dues.
*Membership allows your agency to participate in any additional funds such as the pilot transportation project.
Note: City of Bismarck department dues are covered by the City’s annual grant to MVCHP.
If you prefer to send your payment by mail, please make the check out to to MVCHP, and send along with your signed Membership Form to: PO Box 2271 Bismarck, ND 58502.
Please click here for a printable PDF version of the Membership Form.
You can then email your completed form to mvchpcoalition at gmail dot com, or you can mail in your paper form along with a check to
MVCHP PO Box 2271, Bismarck ND, 58502